poor quality audio after upgrade to windows 10: static cracking sound

ComputerIdiot

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I know little about computers. I got mine with everything installed. So if I uninstall and reinstall Realtek, I might mess this up more. I don't even know what version I have and I can't understand the terms used in the instructions.

Should I just wait for a system update form Microsoft. Or do I really have to uninstall my audio software?

kunalbihar

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same issue with my laptop Sony Vaio with realtek on-board after windows 10 upgrade from 8.1.
I have tried multiple things including drivers uninstall and reinstall, updating drivers etc but still no go.
Somebody please help. I use my laptop for music and movie and with this issue on place I can't even do that. Thanks.

Schnurzel

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. Crackling sound when listening youtube (only Chrome, Opera and Vivaldi or using a media player like mpc hc) on Windows 10 (clean install) und then open a program. It's very loud when i open Audacity or Jdownloader or Steam. Both soundcards; onboard Realtek and my Asus Xonar DGX.

goldas

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I also had the same problem. I have fixed it by un-installing the driver from device manager. It is now working fine.

Go to Control Panel -->Hardware and Sound-->device manager--> Audio and inputs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes