Has anyone tried a fresh install post official release?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
One of my computers is pretty old. It's gone from XP, to Vista, 7 and now 10. It runs fine if not cluttered with years of old operating systems. Now, when I upgraded to W10 my right click somehow got messed up. Right clicking on the desktop (but nowhere else) takes almost 20 seconds. It doesn't happen in safe mode so there must be an application that's causing it.

Well, I could go through all my startup programs to find the culprit or just start from scratch. Right now I'm leaning towards starting from scratch.

Has anyone had a good experience with resetting their PC with W10 since it was officially released?

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have, please be aware that you must upgrade one of your previous windows installs on the same hardware before doing a clean install of windows 10 or activation isn't possible unless you purchase a windows 10 license.

Also you will want to use a tool like rufus to format your USB drive to support a UEFI install of Windows 10, but I'm assuming your hardware might be ancient since it ran XP and isn't able to support UEFI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidCreased