Windows 10 from Windows 7 crashing while playing video

Caleb Tivendale

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded my media PC to Windows 10 over the weekend. I had been running Windows 7 using the media centre but I'd tested Team MediaPortal before upgrading so figured it would be ok. Turns out it has been for the most part, but there are two very frustrating things happening.
  1. The NVidia display driver keeps stopping responding and restarting
  2. The computer hangs when playing a movie purchased from the Store in the Films and TV app
I have tinkered with the settings after some searching but it keeps happening. I remember hearing something about how NVidia drivers don't work on Windows 10 but the version that people were saying to install is the version I have installed.

Anyone else having the same problem? I thought it might be a PC issue as the hardware is a few years old now, but I can watch live TV fine. I have had the display driver crash when I was playing other full screen video (streaming, from a website) too.

Tamer Hanna

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have the same problem. Windows 10 updated my driver to the last version from NVidia 353.62. I have had hard time with my system since I updated from window 7 ( the best system ever) to windows 10. My system keeps crashing. The system freezes and the screen goes black for second. I got tens of errors message " Nvidia display/kernel mode driver has stopped working and recovered successfully' I tried everything I could reach to. I have another hard drive with windows 7 installed and it works find with my card. I did memory diagnostic and my memory was OK and fine. It is the new driver of NVidia or Windows. I will wait for a week if I couldn't get a good update to my system, I will go back to windows 7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corin