SP2 & W10: Won't Boot, Won't Refresh, Won't Reset

sdoiuasdi

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I?ve had a completely frustrating week of tech support calls, so here?s hoping someone here might have gone through the same thing:

I recently upgraded my SP2 from 10240 to whatever the newest version was for insiders. I had been experiencing some odd user account behavior (not being able to open certain apps, etc.) for awhile so I figured it was probably time for a factory reset and clean install/ upgrade of W10. So I backed up and set a reset (without removing files). It went through to 100% before booting up saying no changes were applied. So next I tried a reset AND removal of files. I went out to walk my dog and came back to find my computer in an endless reboot loop, with the error message ?:( Your PC needs to restart. We?ll restart it for you.?).

At this point I pulled my USB recovery drive and attempted to reset that way. No dice. Error message: ?There was a problem resetting your PC.?. So I called tech support, did every combination of volume + power button imaginable until we had exhausted all possibilities. They then said the only option was a ?paid replacement?, which really, really irked me some considering this was specifically a software/ upgrade failure.

Hugely frustrating and disappointing. Has anyone else had this experience or might have ideas to contribute? Would be truly appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth