Windows 10 bluetooth issues with windows phone

vdamir78

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Before I upgraded from win7 to win 10 I exchanged some pics using Bluetooth, so this actually worked a few days ago.
I just tried to share some pics and mp3s between my lumia 735 and laptop, and even though they mutually paired and connected I couldn't get any files from laptop to my phone, nor the other way around...
Any solution to this?
Yeah, I know I can use one drive or simply connect my phone with usb cable, but hey Bluetooth worked on win7...

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Not your exact problem but I cant pair with my cars bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile, maybe there are some general bluetooth issues. I will revert back to 8.1 and test my cars connection again to proof that it works with 8.1.

vdamir78

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
You might have to delete the connection and pair your devices anew, have you tried that?
Yep I deleted and paired them again (both on phone and laptop) 2 times now, but the phone says: "THE DEVICE YOURE TRYING TO SEND TO DOESNT SUPPORT SHARING OVER BLUETOOTH"

I also tried to update bluetooth drivers but it says I already have the latest drivers for it.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
What happens if you right-click the bluetooth icon in the taskbar and select "Receive a file"?

Ozzy1320

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Before I upgraded from win7 to win 10 I exchanged some pics using Bluetooth, so this actually worked a few days ago.
I just tried to share some pics and mp3s between my lumia 735 and laptop, and even though they mutually paired and connected I couldn't get any files from laptop to my phone, nor the other way around...
Any solution to this?
Yeah, I know I can use one drive or simply connect my phone with usb cable, but hey Bluetooth worked on win7...

Are you sure that your devices are properly paired? I'm not sure about other Laptops but in devices and printers at control panel I have 2 Lumia devices shown I believe one is for accessing PAN and the other would be to project my screen or file share.
View attachment 110015

vdamir78

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure that your devices are properly paired? I'm not sure about other Laptops but in devices and printers at control panel I have 2 Lumia devices shown I believe one is for accessing PAN and the other would be to project my screen or file share.
View attachment 110015

I kind of solved the problem. If I want to receive a file being sent from phone to laptop, I have to click on my Bluetooth shortcut and hit receive file...
Not sure how this is a step from win7. I suppose if turn Bluetooth on (like with win7 or winphone 8.1) when the file is coming all I have to do is approve it. This way with win10 it is more manually handled... Not really a hassle, but still...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa