Experienced my first Windows 10 meltdown yesterday.

Dhruvansh Soni

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So, yesterday my computer had it's first real problem. (It's an Acer Aspire 5742) I was playing Test Drive Unlimited (the first one), and then suddenly there was a power cut in my house and the comp just completely shut down. Upon restart, the computer started (really slowly) but the start menu and action center and pretty much everything on the taskbar wouldn't work. None of the apps worked, and the store threw up an error telling me to contact my system admin (?). Then, it shut down automatically again, and restarting just threw a BSOD saying Critical Process Died.

After that, it wouldn't reach the login screen, always showing a BSOD; startup repair didn't work, and even the reset wouldn't work. I didn't have a backup of my pics and docs as I'd just installed it a few days ago and OneDrive doesn't upload automatically in Windows 10 (???).

So yeah, in the end I had to reinstall Windows 8.1 from a USB I had, (clean install), and today I got Windows 10 again. Hopefully this time nothing goes wrong.

If you've had something happen to yours, post it down below!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom