How Do I Stop Windows 10 Reminder Popups?

was_A_guru

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
OK. So I downloaded and installed Win 10. I found it to be very unstable on my laptop, freezing, going to a black screen, etc. So I rolled back to Win 7. However I now get a popup every 10-15 minutes encouraging me to move to Win 10.

I'm not ready to do that yet (again). I want to wait a few months until they have had a chance to resolve all the issues that have been found. So how do I let them know to stop the popups? I will upgrade when I am ready to do so.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
OK. So I downloaded and installed Win 10. I found it to be very unstable on my laptop, freezing, going to a black screen, etc. So I rolled back to Win 7. However I now get a popup every 10-15 minutes encouraging me to move to Win 10.

I'm not ready to do that yet (again). I want to wait a few months until they have had a chance to resolve all the issues that have been found. So how do I let them know to stop the popups? I will upgrade when I am ready to do so.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ignore or upgrade that's your choice. But if you want to go back you can try to do a clean instal to ensure everything work correctly

winuser2015

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Laura, Thanks. That worked for me too.

One annoyance that remained after these steps was an optional update to install the Windows 10 preview application ("Upgrade to Windows 10 . . . " in the list of optional Windows Updates. It was checked by default. I didn't want to uncheck that each time I update Windows, so I unchecked it, then right-clicked on it, and chose the option to hide this update. To make sure that I don't miss the free upgrade completely I also marked a couple of calendars to remind myself that the free Win 10 upgrade offer expires on 7/29/16.

That should give MS lots of time to work out bugs and edit or remove problematic features in Windows 10.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynoGills