Why Upgrade to Windows 10 in the Enterprise

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Guy, I've been put in charge of running the Windows 10 upgrade for our corporation. I'm working on putting a plan in front of our Directors to get their support, because without it, it's not going to happen. Our organization is primarily a Windows 7 shop, just recently pushed to upgrade from XP. We still have some PC's running XP that couldn't be upgraded. With that said, I'm trying to come up with reasons why we should proceed with the upgrade to Windows 10, because I know they are going to ask. This is what I have so far.

• We already own it.
  • Windows 10 is significantly more secure.
  • Sandbox capabilities to keep programs/data segmented
  • Multitasking with Multiple Desktops
  • Login screen utilizes sandboxing to help mitigate keylogging
  • 2 Factor is built in
  • Startup Speed
  • Smaller footprint due to less junk installed on initial install = more secure
  • Has already been tested by 5 million insiders, the new ring method helps ensure updates are tested by millions before we would get them
  • Cortana may/not be used due to security

Anything else? I appreciate the help!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
From an enterprise standpoint, I see no reason to upgrade to Windows 10 unless your companies uses apps that only work with Windows 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Long term wise windows 10 has longer time support cycle compared to windows 7 while windows 7 already in phase of extended support lifecycle.

Sooner or later your organization will end up upgrading. The question is are your organization is ready? Did all of your application are compatible for the upgrade? You may want to consult with microsoft team regarding that.

If your organization application is ready. Does your organization have prepare for the cost that you'll spend to this upgrade?

Finally I think upgrading early to windows 10 allow your organization develop more application which designed run on windows 10 which is most likely the final major relase of windows your application may not need to worry about being incompatible with newer computer since they run on same platform

For the people I think your people had no problem with this version of windows. It designed to be more familiar so your ppl eill get use to it in no time

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well in the end, I got the blessing to move ahead with the project and we are on schedule to get all capable machines upgraded to Windows 10 by next year. Testing begins now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reiana S.