How do I get help to pick up where Windows 10 installation failed?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How do I get help to pick up where Windows 10 installatio failed

I was having trouble getting the Windows 10 upgrade installed so I connected to a live chat session with a tech named Alisha. She was most helpful getting me to the point where the installation actually started, having taken control of my machine with my enthusiastic permission. Just before starting the actual install, she asked if I could take it from there, saying that all would be automatic and straight forward. I said I was up for it, and she started the operation. After quite a while, the first step was done, and I was asked to select a keyboard layout which I did.

When I selected "US" I was immediately taken to a point where the install had failed and a "Troubleshoot" screen appeared. I attempted to determine what needed to be done, and ultimately chose "Advanced Options" and "Repair Setup." After some analyzing, the advise came up somehow that I needed to reboot, and that I needed to insert a bootable disk. Having none and being unable to get past that point, I turned off the computer and then restarted with the power button. That brought me to a Windows 10 Setup notice that, "We couldn't install Windows 10. We've set your PC back to the way it was right before yoyu started installing Windows 10." There is a following message: 0xC1900101-0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

The chat session has ended and I cannot find my way back to a help option that will allow me to find the specific solution, or to reconnect with another chat. I'm confident that a record of the entire session is on file, and that we can somehow continue from there.

Can someone help me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmahrsh137