Windows 10 Windows Update error code 0x800705b4

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi there.
Just found myself diggin' more and more in bugs and troubles in Windows 10.
Now, when I'm looking for updates with Windows Update it shows me that the Updates cannot install and to check it out later, and then gives me an error code: 0x800705b4.

I don't know how to fix this, I have been looking for this error code in the gigant sea of the Internet but nothing. I'm growing tired of Windows 10 Mountains of Bugs. I know it's still not finish and it's never ever gonna be finish, but this is just too much, adding that I'm with the people who cannot download/update apps from the Store and cannot open the Mail/Calendar/OneNote apps, I believe I'm being very patient whit this and waiting for a proper fix.

Moondoggy

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
It could be that your system has a corruption that's preventing the install. Try going to Tweaking.com and download the Windows Repair utility. After you've invoked the utility, there are a large number of check boxes on the left side of the screen. Check all of the boxes except those that do not pertain to the operating system you're currently running. Once the check boxes have been selected, invoke the scan and this utility will reset all of your settings to the default settings and in the process if there are corrupt configuration and/or settings files it will re-create them. This is what the Microsoft Tech that spent 2 days working on my PC to get rid of the 8007005 error I had. Let us know if this helps.

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Haven't notice you reply this. Thanks for that =)
I ended reinstalling Windows 10 with the Reinstall option in Settings, after that, everything start working fine once again.

Gaetano Pavia

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
This procedure worked fine for me (Windows 10 Enterprise):
  1. Open Windows updates and click on ?Advanced options?
  2. Clear the option to get updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows
  3. Restart, then check for updates
  4. The update process should complete successfully now (note, you may have to run it more than once to get all the updates)
  5. As soon as you get the message ?Your device is up to date?, go to the ?Advanced options? again and re-select the option to get updates for other Microsoft products
  6. Check for updates again, you should now be able to download and install them

Ish Hussain

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a million!! Honestly after spending hours on trying to rectify this issue, your suggestion worked an absolute treat!

Thanks!

aniskhan001

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
This procedure worked fine for me (Windows 10 Enterprise):
  1. Open Windows updates and click on “Advanced options”
  2. Clear the option to get updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows
  3. Restart, then check for updates
  4. The update process should complete successfully now (note, you may have to run it more than once to get all the updates)
  5. As soon as you get the message “Your device is up to date”, go to the “Advanced options” again and re-select the option to get updates for other Microsoft products
  6. Check for updates again, you should now be able to download and install them

It also works for "Store cannot update apps" issue as well. We should have upvote option (or at least, +1 or helpful flag) for forum section as well. Cheers!

sakeller_us

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
It is several years later and I received the same error. Just wanted to be clear that the steps documented by Gaetano Pavia and aniskhan001 to clear the option to get updates for other Microsoft products when updating windows, worked for me too. Actually quite surprising, as I followed steps from other sites to stop the update services and delete cache directories (which I thought would work), but this was quite a simple solution that worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss