Why will my Settings not open in Windows 10 on my Alienware 13?

Eddie Judd

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I click on the Settings icon and it opens for a flash then closes. I am also having issues with connecting to my School's ethernet connection.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
well when I open the settings first time after computer start, it seems to close. but if it happens always on your side.
but maybe you can reinstall settings app? maybe it works the same way as reinstalling Store app through powershell as admin with Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

I tested this even if settings was working fine here, everything still works haha. but maybe you can try it and see if it fix any problem

also about the Ethernet, maybe it's a driver problem? that's the only thing that could affect anything especially if it's about Ethernet. is your school Ethernet working good on a Windows 8/7/vista/xp computer?

Eddie Judd

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Still unable to open "Settings:"

My ethernet worked fine with Windows 8 installed. I'm looking at updating the driver.

Not sure how to uninstall "Settings App" Don't know where it is or where to find it once it is deleted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi