Windows 10 kids account help

jason2234

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
My daughters 5 and I want to make her her own account cause she messes with my games when i log her in on mine and there's no control when im not looking.

However i cant seem to find a way to do this without giving her an email account. She's 5 and doesn't need one. On 8.1 i could make her a log in, use my credentials in the store to get her games and control her access as a kids account.

Any help on how to do this on Windows 10?

I've done a fresh install of win 10 so nothing previously copied over I could use.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a way of doing it without a Microsoft account if you want a family safety child features. it seems you need a Microsoft account because it is linked to https://account.microsoft.com/family/ and it's used to configure and track the account remotely and easier.
just reading the help i found this:
"Add a child to your family
To get the most out of Windows, each person who uses your PC should get their own account. Everybody can customize their own experience with favorite apps, Start screen layout, background colors, account photo, and so on. If you're sharing a PC with your kids, letting them sign in with their own accounts will give them the freedom to explore safely while you're still able to set up appropriate age restrictions and time limits, and make sure they're not visiting any websites or using any apps and games that aren't right for them."

I guess if you don't want an email for your kid you could use a local account and you sign in on store with your email?
"add someone else to this PC" on family and other users settings allows you to create local accounts. I guess you could also do it this way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFJH5LmUoko

jason2234

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply that's very helpful and has answered my question. I will experiment with a local account and a live account with the email restricted etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokul Dm