Windows 10 - Can I have three groups of start menu tiles next to each other?

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 - Three groups of start menu tiles next to each other

At the moment windows seems to allow only two groups of tiles to be next to each other horizontally. If a third fourth or fifth group is added they are dropped below the first two groups.

Is it possible to have three groups of tiles (Group size - 3 medium tiles next to each other) next to each other in the start menu?

I have already tried the full screen start menu which does not solve the issue either.

Thank you,

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 - Three groups of start menu tiles next to each other

Hmm, what device are you using?

In my Samsung laptop with a screen resolution of 1366x768 (it's a two-year old laptop), I have three medium-sized tiles pinned side-by-side horizontally in my start menu. I could even pin a medium tile beside a wide tile. With that, I also have three groups of tiles with three-medium tiles side-by-side in each group, with the three groups beside each other.

Have you tried adjusting the size of your start menu, i.e. by pulling the rightmost edge to the right?

Adolf Kleinhans

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

Original Message:
"Yeah I thought I would cause confusion

I also have three medium sized tiles next to each other PER GROUP, but, I'd like three GROUPs next to each other, each with three medium tiles next to each other.

Hope that's clearer?"

EDIT -
Sorry, I read that in haste. I also have three medium tiles next to each other, but only two groups. I'm using an older Toshiba Satellite Pro with a resolution of 1280x800, which yeah by no means is anything special, but it's decent, and should be decent enough for this feature?

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Original Message:
"Yeah I thought I would cause confusion

I also have three medium sized tiles next to each other PER GROUP, but, I'd like three GROUPs next to each other, each with three medium tiles next to each other.

Hope that's clearer?"

EDIT -
Sorry, I read that in haste. I also have three medium tiles next to each other, but only two groups. I'm using an older Toshiba Satellite Pro with a resolution of 1280x800, which yeah by no means is anything special, but it's decent, and should be decent enough for this feature?

I'm guessing it's the resolution that's the limiting factor. Starting in safe mode where my laptop had to resort to a lower temporary screen resolution, the number of groups was reduced to only two. But going back to the normal screen resolution, I got the three groups back. Back in XP, I was able to force higher resolutions to my monitor (desktop) - not sure if this is possible with your laptop (clearly, this isn't possible with my laptop now), and this I did by installing a certain screen/display driver. But that was around a decade ago, so the details of the procedure are now all a blur - but that could be worth some investigation.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

On my desktop I have 4 rows of 3 medium tiles across the screen, as long as you have room you can spread the rows over.

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

There is a little confussion about this, but like the others, I have 3 rows of Live Tiles and I have a 1366x768 resolution in my Laptop, and also on my Desktop. If your screen is 1080p, you can have 4 rows of Live Tiles, and if you have a 4K screen, you are gonna have 5 rows. I bet the screen resolution of your Toshiba, what happens to be good, it's not enough to have 3 rows but only 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124