OneDrive app in windows 10

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So the new OneDrive experience in windows 10 sucks, I can't see any of my content unless I sync it down to the device. It also appears that there is no longer a OneDrive App that you Can download for the store. Is this correct or am I just missing it? So my only option to access my 30GB of OneDrive data is the browser???

MS please fix this ASAP its a major step backwards.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
1. this is not a forum Microsoft will care or read.
2. use feedback app
3. OneDrive on windows 8.1 was sucky, yeah thumbnails on photos are fine, but not knowing what tiles were synched without being on detail view... it was just stupid and useless
4. Windows 10 OneDrive might not be perfect since you can't sync individual files BUT it lets Microsoft update it whenever they are ready to bring OneDrive new experience, and it will let you access your local files whenever you want, also allow you to right click and share from desktop and don't go to website for that, also it displays shared folders if you wanted to... how is that bad? windows 8 only had crappy thumbnails thing that was useless because no matter how many pics you could see you couldn't work if you didn't download them. so how is that positive? is those thumbnails that only worked on files, and some useless files you had to download anyway if you wanted to access them to see if they are the ones you need better than all the benefits windows 10 app gives you?

Microsoft will fix eventually the OneDrive stuff since it's just an application they can update, but Windows 8.1 OneDrive was far from better than windows 10 comparing what gives you 10 and what we have on 8.1

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The issue I have is I can't even see the majority of my. Content without going to the website. Also sice there is no modern app I can't access the content that way either. I don't want to sync everything and I prefer an app over the browser.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The app you are looking for is called File Brick. Oh, and Emi, I don't really understand what you are trying to tell me about the problem you had with the old system. Whatever, the problem with the new system is that it is completely pointless except for using Onedrive as a backup device. Through the new system you cannot access files on Onedrive at all, in any way, unless you use the web site. Sure, you can automatically backup your files to Onedrive, but you can't access them. Also, if you mistakenly erase the PC copy of the file it will automatically erase your backup on Onedrive??? How's that even useful as a backup?

Anyone with any brains keeps a local backup of their local files via File History or somesuch. Onedrive is useful because you can store things separately from your PC which is highly useful for tablets and other limited storage devices. Or at least it was. Now Onedrive sucks up all the storage space on your device, making it 100% useless.

Unless you use a third party solution, because MS have failed to provide one. Hence, File Brick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi