Windows Store app won't open

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded a few days ago - and everything was flawless.

But yesterday - noticed the Windows Store app won't open anymore. It looks "greyed out" in the start menu - and in the all apps area - shows a bar that won't move that appears like it was supposed to upgrade or something.

Tried a few things saw suggested - like removing the cache folder in the user app data folder and also the powershell command. Looks like the system didn't take a Restore Point.

Anyone else seeing this? Anyone fix it. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

Charmaine Wishart

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I too have the same problem. The Store app and also the Calculator app (which I really like now that it would open directly to weight conversion) no longer exist in the System Apps folder. If I click on the grayed out icon it just prompts me to choose an app to open it. :) Very frustrating as it was working perfectly few several days after upgrade to 10 then ...poof! Gone. Tried the cache and PowerShell commands. Looks like might have to do a repair install which I'll hate because of all the programs I'll have to reinstall. Why don't they make system apps easy to uninstall and reinstall???

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Interestingly, while the Store app still won't work - it's not grayed out anymore. Before I go medieval and reinstall, hoping MSFT puts out an update that will fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codingpanic