Windows 10 sucks my battery life, how can I stop this?

Omar9399

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I installed windows 10 on my surface pro 3 the batter life dropped from 5-6 hrs 1 - 2 hrs I did a clean install 3 times but this doesn't help. The tackpad has an issue too. I turned off the allow right click but it doesn't work.t I tried going back to windows 8.1, but they some how block user to download apps from store I always get an error "this app wasn't installed" I tried all possible solutions but no luck. The onenote app for windows 10 sucks too I hate windows 10 :(

Note: I always put on battery saver even on 100% charge.:crying:
And the Cortana is disabled too

Last edited:

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 sucks

Try taking it to a Microsoft store, fully charged. Turn it on and show them the battery drop. If it's only lasting 1-2 hours, let's use 2 hours as a conservative number, then it's dropping 0.83% per minute. Just run something normal for the tech guy for 5 mins, and show him it's dropping nearly 5%. If they want you to hard reset it - then offer to perform the reset right there in the store (plug into their bar with your adapter). It only takes 30-60 mins to do so. Then show how that does NOT solve the problem.

Then ask for a replacement SP3 (they now come preloaded with Windows 10). Hopefully you have Microsoft Complete. :)

BTW - my SP3 upgraded to 10 and has been great so far. I can run it nearly all day on battery. I usually have about 40% left after 6 hours.

noobchief

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

Hey, you need to contact Surface Support. My SP3 was killed by Windows 10, so I got a replacement from them. The experience over the chat has been great so far for me. Go and tell them your problem, I'm pretty sure they would be happy to help.

Omar9399

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Hey, you need to contact Surface Support. My SP3 was killed by Windows 10, so I got a replacement from them. The experience over the chat has been great so far for me. Go and tell them your problem, I'm pretty sure they would be happy to help.

Am worried about getting a refurbished one for a new one.

Omar9399

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Try taking it to a Microsoft store, fully charged. Turn it on and show them the battery drop. If it's only lasting 1-2 hours, let's use 2 hours as a conservative number, then it's dropping 0.83% per minute. Just run something normal for the tech guy for 5 mins, and show him it's dropping nearly 5%. If they want you to hard reset it - then offer to perform the reset right there in the store (plug into their bar with your adapter). It only takes 30-60 mins to do so. Then show how that does NOT solve the problem.

Then ask for a replacement SP3 (they now come preloaded with Windows 10). Hopefully you have Microsoft Complete. :)

BTW - my SP3 upgraded to 10 and has been great so far. I can run it nearly all day on battery. I usually have about 40% left after 6 hours.
Is your Cortana enable?

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Are you sure you installed all of the updates?

I've had none of those issues with my SP3, and it seems as no one else has either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven