Windows 10 Picture Password login lacks multiple user choice!

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
How's that possible?

Imagine a tablet (SP3 or whatever; mine is a Dell), Win10, two users. Both have chosen the Picture Password login. Nice.

First showstopper: At device turn on, the last accessed user login is present. No worries, it was so for 8.1 as well. But there was a back arrow to go back picking another one. :amaze:

Here is not: Win10 Picture Password login has nothing. Niet. Nada. Only the picture. And some useless space on the left. You want to choose another user? Nein. You can't from there!

I tried different methods: swipes (what? In Win10? All gone, me fool!), pressing ESC (I've a connected keyboard), pressing my account image. nothing.

The only way? You must click to choose a different method of access (aka Text Password). From there there is the users-picker that let you choose another user.

Why MS did not add that in the Picture Password login as well? What were they thinking when they removed the back arrow in Win10??
Are they really thinking we're all running and buy brand new Hello enabled devices, maybe? Is Picture password now "oldies", already?

Being a kid one of the two above users, I can't really stay with Win10 until this situation is ironed out. And no, not a single registry options works for that matter (THIS worked for Win8.x to even automatically-go-back to the multiple user screen; but that screen's entirely gone in Win10).

A tablet is a tablet. Drawing on its screen is far better than tapping keys (alphanumeric or PIN, whatever) while holding it.
I definitely call this a regression on MS part. :straight:

This is a uservoice suggestion I made for that issue:
https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions/suggestions/9444732-windows-10-picture-password-let-pick-different-a

Thanks. I'm going to wait TH2, for the matters. :unhappysweat:

Last edited:

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:
Yesterday I tested finally Redstone, just one week before AU releasing.

I can finally say they've added a Switch User minimal link that, if pressed, shows the list of the available users alongside the Picture Password screen.
One year needed, but it's been sorted out. Yeah!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:
Yesterday I tested finally Redstone, just one week before AU releasing.

I can finally say they've added a Switch User minimal link that, if pressed, shows the list of the available users alongside the Picture Password screen.
One year needed, but it's been sorted out. Yeah!

I have to say, you're quite determined/dedicated :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs