Windows 10 - PC - First Thoughts

Naf Birks

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I recently made the switch to windows 10 on my PC.

When it was upgrading, I thought this was such a seamless process. I didn't lose all my files and have to start over, kudos on making it very easy and convenient to install.

What I thought after the first 10 minutes: This is very cool.

11th minute: This OS is terrible. I am not talking about the bugs, I know this is beta. I like to consider myself as a savvy PC user but windows 10 is extremely frustrating. You've taken the windows 7 layout and thought, how do we confuse people even more. The start no longer looks like a start but like a terrible news feed. You don't have the same easy to follow layout of windows 7. My father has been learning windows 7 after upgrading from windows XP. That was a pretty hard transition, how do you think he will feel when he has to get windows 10? What about all the millions of seniors who will eventually have to upgrade?? This is not user friendly, at all.

This new windows 10 system is way too confusing, even for me. Is there a way to change the start menu and all the options to look like windows 7? This is just terrible design in my opinion.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
You keep saying its confusing but you're not saying what's confusing about it. Its probably the most straight forward Windows out there. And no they didn't take windows 7 nad made it confusing, they took windows 8/8.1 and tried to please windows seven users.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You keep saying its confusing but you're not saying what's confusing about it. Its probably the most straight forward Windows out there. And no they didn't take windows 7 nad made it confusing, they took windows 8/8.1 and tried to please windows seven users.

He's saying he is having issues finding stuff, namely programs, not apps, without a desktop shortcut.

With tablet mode off, if you click the start button you get you get a abbreviated look at the Modern layout off to the right where W7 would open the different pop out menu tabs, such as Programs, Control Panel, etc. For a full listing of installed Apps, win32 desktop programs (*.exe stuff ), and what not, click See All Apps, and there's your listing alphabetized. Say you're looking for PhotoShop, just click a letter, and then P, and you're there

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
He's saying he is having issues finding stuff, namely programs, not apps, without a desktop shortcut.

With tablet mode off, if you click the start button you get you get a abbreviated look at the Modern layout off to the right where W7 would open the different pop out menu tabs, such as Programs, Control Panel, etc. For a full listing of installed Apps, win32 desktop programs (*.exe stuff ), and what not, click See All Apps, and there's your listing alphabetized. Say you're looking for PhotoShop, just click a letter, and then P, and you're there

See. Everything seems pretty self explanatory to me. Much like all those running for start10: I just dont get it. To the OP, I hope you find joy in whatever OS you decide to stay with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss