Why does my (cable modem) access just ... stop randomly?

Barney Lerten

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure there's enough variables that this could be some combo of software and stuff I have (I never use OneDrive - close it? I use Dashlane - it had Win10 issues, later resolved.) -- but does anyone walk away from their PC, come back and find online (cable modem/Ethernet in my case) - just stops working, in everything? Evernote, Firefox, Outlook, etc.?) Programs are fine (well, Outlook freezes in mid send/receive but...) but the online access is gone? And the only fix usually is a reboot?
Never happened in Win 8.1. Happens about once a day in Win10. Reboot fixes. Network troubleshooter finds nothing. If it didn't come back after reboot I'd be desperate, as it is ... I can live with it if I have to but... was hoping one of these "cumulative updates" would help but... doesn't seem to happen when I'm working, only if I stop a bit. Got a clue that doesn't involve powershell "fun" or registry/deep file mucking?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You need to work out what I wrong.

Can you ping your router address when it happens is the first question. What is your setup helps in pointing to things to test.

I would however go into your device manager and select the network device and do a drivers/check for updates. It appears by default W10 doesn't not update all drivers to the latest at install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb