2 problems on Windows 10

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I have two problems I am having with Windows 10, the first problem is that when I am installing something it'll get stuck or freeze during the installation Ex: I downloaded Bluestacks Android Emulator and it was froze for roughly 2 hours until I just exited out of the installation and turned of my pc, and another example is Microsoft Office is stuck on 90% as I'm typing this but from what I'm seeing, all the apps are there and finished. The second problem is that there is no sleep mode :(! I don't see it anywhere on Windows 10, but about 2-3 weeks ago before I went back to 8.1 (because sleep mode wasn't working properly on windows 10, but I just heard there was an update fixed) it was there. I am a fan of sleep mode and I use it about everyday when I'm not home. Any suggestions? I really don't want to go back to Windows 8.1 just for the sleep mode.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I had some problems after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Just minor annoyances, nothing serious, but I decided to do a fresh installation of W10 after doing the proper upgrade and activation. I have literally zero problems since I decided to do that. As far as sleep mode, it is under power settings. I don't think it ever disappeared for me.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Are you referring to the power settings next to shut down, sign out & restart? because mine isn't there. The only place that I see it in is Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Power Options(which might be what you were referring to)>Edit Plan Settings>Sleep and then you get to choose how long you want it to wait until it goes into hibernate mode. I just want to choose the option to turn sleep mode on immediately. I might just have to do a clean install, but I can't seem to find out why it was there 2-3 weeks ago and now it's completely gone. The only difference that I made was that the 1st time I upgraded to W10 it was from the little Windows Icon on the task bar, and now I just got it from the Microsoft Website (Which I find pretty cool). I'm not sure if getting it off the Microsoft website makes a difference because i'm still on W10 Pro and activated.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
what about you go to powercfg.cpl then you go to "choose what the power buttons do" then you click on "change settings that are currently unavailable"
then you find sleep and or hibernate check the one you want and close it. or is Sleep checked?

I would have clean installed because upgrades are always annoying and always bring bugs. but at least you can bring the sleep mode that way if for some reason it just got disabled.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10, Edge, Virtual Desktops will be ready in a few months, today its bare bones with a few glitches. MS have written the code for virtual desktops to make them quite powerful, they then wrote code to hide that functionality, guess it will be released in future at an appropriate time. Im loving the potential and have a lot of confidence in Satya Nadella to not screw the strategy up.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I have two problems I am having with Windows 10, the first problem is that when I am installing something it'll get stuck or freeze during the installation Ex: I downloaded Bluestacks Android Emulator and it was froze for roughly 2 hours until I just exited out of the installation and turned of my pc, and another example is Microsoft Office is stuck on 90% as I'm typing this but from what I'm seeing, all the apps are there and finished. The second problem is that there is no sleep mode :(! I don't see it anywhere on Windows 10, but about 2-3 weeks ago before I went back to 8.1 (because sleep mode wasn't working properly on windows 10, but I just heard there was an update fixed) it was there. I am a fan of sleep mode and I use it about everyday when I'm not home. Any suggestions? I really don't want to go back to Windows 8.1 just for the sleep mode.

Check your graphic driver. If it's using the Microsoft Display Adapter, sleep mode is disabled.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have two pc's running Windows 10 upgraded from 8.1 and they are hassle free.

yeah, but not every upgrade can be as nice as a clean install. something that will kill me, few days ago, I got a small and strange bug on the laptop I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and that's why I clean installed it.
now it's fine and I didn't have to do more testing or anything to fix it. I could just clean install it, go to dell.com get the drivers and have it ready in couple hours. so it's preference and I dislike small bugs so I blame the upgrade and end up just clean installing.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had some problems after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Just minor annoyances, nothing serious, but I decided to do a fresh installation of W10 after doing the proper upgrade and activation. I have literally zero problems since I decided to do that. As far as sleep mode, it is under power settings. I don't think it ever disappeared for me.

I was forced to do a fresh install after upgrading to an insider build and then reverting back. After the revert i had nothing but issues. After a fresh install I noticed that issues I had previously before even doing the insiders upgrade were gone. I think that this should be part of Microsoft's recommendation during upgrade.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks @_Emi_! I didn't even see that! It's weird that it was unchecked by default :/. I'm just going to do a clean install tomorrow when I get the chance, and I hope it fixes some bugs, but thanks again _Emi_

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Check your graphic driver. If it's using the Microsoft Display Adapter, sleep mode is disabled.

My graphic driver should be fine, but for some reason it has the yellow triangle and telling me this: This device cannot work properly until you restart your computer. (Code 14)

You need to restart your computer before the changes you made to this device will take effect.

Click Restart Computer to restart your computer.

So, i'm just going to do a restart and hope that fixes something.

Edited: So, what _Emi_ did was she put Hibernate mode on my power off options, but looking at device manager and see that there was a problem with my graphics card and restarting my PC (Which I do everyday) all of a sudden it put sleep mode back on my power off options. My PC is... I don't even know what to call it, but I'm just glad to see it back. I'm still not 100% sure if the bug has been fixed for it or not, I'm just going to have to find out tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3