Mail change "From"

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
On my Microsoft account I use my personal email and two work emails. On Windows Phone 8.1, I can reply to emails and it will send it using the address the email was sent to. So instead of say dan@live.com, the From will read dan@work.com.

I need to be able to do this with the Windows Mail app in Windows 10. But I can't find how or even if it's possible.

Is it?

Sekyal

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't noticed that in Windows 10. All my replies have the email it was sent to. What I did notice that you could do before (with Windows 8, 8.1)is switch the email you wanted the email to be sent from even if you opened it with a different email account visible. My accounts are linked on my phone as well.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
For now I just separated both. I use my Outlook for personal emails and my Gmail for professional. I'd like to have them all under one roof but I can't have clients have my personal email address.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Have you added the other accounts to the mail application? Did you add their SMTP server address? If yes then it should be there on your sender email address.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Then any mail client should be able to give you a choice from which email address you would like to send that email from, as long as you have added those email address and server setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro