Why does my laptop go dark when I plug it up?

bosn45

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I have been looking for answer to this problem and learned today, a lot of others are too. Just since my Win 10 upgrade, if I plug in the charger the screen goes black. Then I unplug, it comes back on! I have played with the power settings, not much to rave about there, except one thing I barely caught a glimpse of. In the Additional power settings, at the bottom is the brightness control. When I plug in the charger, the slider goes all the way to the right. Is that not backwards? Anyway, what will fix this so it can be posted somewhere (like here) so people like me can find it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You are not alone with this but I can't see a solution. I would suggest you use the Windows Feedback tool to report this specifying the laptop model number. Others with HP laptops seem to be having it (K7W77UA).

Check your laptop manufacturer website to check no drivers exist specifically for that laptop for Windows 10 in terms of power management or display as they may include something specific for your model of laptop.

jantjie

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
You know, I had the exact same problem with my hp laptop. Struggled for two days to find a solution. I also went to the power settings, saw that what I thought was most bright (right side) was in fact black. So I changed it to sit on the left side of the slider, saved the changes, and voila! Now I can charge my laptop and see what I am doing! I really hope this also works for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oscahill