Adguard 180-days trial

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
There has been talk about Edge and how it doesn't support extensions yet.
Some people don't want to try host trick, because it's not something you can control, add exceptions for sites like windowscentral and things like that.
AdFender isn't really good because apps would have trouble with the manual proxy trick you do.

The only real option for a adblocker today for Edge is Adguard, but if you go to the site you will see it's paid yearly subscription and the trial is only 14days trial.

so I thought I would make this Thread to share the 180days trial, it's real and it works, it seems Adguard has some special prices for Russian people and all, a thing other countries don't have..

anyway if you go to
Adguard - ????????-?????? ?? 6 ??????? ????????? - ????????

you click on Скачать button

01_adguard_180days.PNG

you will get a file adguardInstaller.exe

you run it, and when it's installed, it will take some minutes and it should say it will be in your computer for the next 6 months. You can choose the language you want, although it's from a Russian site, it's still the same multilanguage Adguard.

so you can use this while Edge supports extensions. I have tried it and it's clean and checked it on VirusTotal and Jotti, everything is clean, and no antivirus on other laptop and computer said anything about anything suspicious.

If you ave never seen AdGuard, you will see a small button on Edge
02_adguard_180days.PNG

and then you can control and add exceptions to any site (like Windows Central) directly in Edge
03_adguard_180days.PNG

So this should stop people from saying how using host is not great solution because it doesn't allow you to control and add exceptions and enable ads to sites they want to support like Windows Central.
Also this should be easy solution for people who want an adblock, but don't trust .bat files given by winhelp2002.mvps.org or edgeadblock, and they don't know how to edit Host files to add the entries manually, or are lazy to do it.

SO, anyway, for people interested this should be the solution for the next 6 months, while Microsoft adds extensions to Edge, or since it's a long trial you can test it and buy a subscription in 6 months if you like the way it works.

anyway, I hope this is helpful, especially for people using Edge browser.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Most people don't modify adblock either. I know I don't and never have. Granted, most would rather an all in one solution. If this is worth the money, this might be an early solution for you, especially with most sites giving Adguard 4 plus stars.

25.00 for Premium / 20.00 for Standard protection per year, every year.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Most people don't modify adblock either. I know I don't and never have. Granted, most would rather an all in one solution. If this is worth the money, this might be an early solution for you, especially with most sites giving Adguard 4 plus stars.

25.00 for Premium / 20.00 for Standard protection per year, every year.

Well that's true, I don't do it much either. only when sites really notice I have an Adblocker and tell me to deactivate it.
But you know, some people want control in an adblocker and extensions on Edge, so knowing Host trick doesn't provide that, the only option is Adguard, which works well, but 14 days is not enough for a trial, so having a 6 months special trial is going to be good for some users while Edge extensions become available, extensions that will be free and will do the "same" job, because let accept it, paying yearly subscription for an ad blocker program sounds like too much, many of my software is subscription base, so adding more and more subscriptions will become expensive after a while. even if it's only $20/25 per year like adguard.
so 6 months for a trial sounds good enough until ublock or adblockplus is available for Edge users.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well that's true, I don't do it much either. only when sites really notice I have an Adblocker and tell me to deactivate it.
But you know, some people want control in an adblocker and extensions on Edge, so knowing Host trick doesn't provide that, the only option is Adguard, which works well, but 14 days is not enough for a trial, so having a 6 months special trial is going to be good for some users while Edge extensions become available, extensions that will be free and will do the "same" job, because let accept it, paying yearly subscription for an ad blocker program sounds like too much, many of my software is subscription base, so adding more and more subscriptions will become expensive after a while. even if it's only $20/25 per year like adguard.
so 6 months for a trial sounds good enough until ublock or adblockplus is available for Edge users.

Good point on the 6 month trial. But many sites ask you to deactivate adblock. I never do, but they do ask. lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GameYogi Private Limited