Both Store and Windows Updates stuck

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's a Surface 3 specific issues and the S3 has been one problem after another on Win 10 but my store downloads and Windows Update downloads just seem to get stuck and never complete. WU never gets off of "Waiting for download".

Every so a store update may start to download. It can take a good 4 to 8 hours, if at all, for all the updates to process. If a download does start it seems to run normally.

Checking my task manager shows the CPU and network are mostly sitting idle.

I've cleared out the SofrwareDistribution folder but it hasn't helped any.

Last edited:

TungstenVanadium

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I had this same issue (I didn't realize that the store updates didn't work either until reading this) and managed to fix it with the steps below.

Google "trouble installing microsoft surface and windows updates" (I would give the link but I don't have enough posts) and click the result that matches this. Go to the section about manually downloading the updates and follow the instructions. I had to restart my computer several times for it to work (once for the manual update and once because my Internet adapter malfunctioned), but afterwards, all the updates started downloading.

blcksheep

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem with updates showing as "waiting to install" and 1 with "waiting to download" that have been sitting there for about 2 weeks. I can't seem to find a link to enable me to "Update Now" which is how I used w/7 updates when I was on the run and wanted it to happen while I was available. Trust someone at MS reads these and can give us some input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa