Live tiles on desktop

galbenush

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Wanted to know if there is any way that you can place live tiles on the desktop. To me having to click start to view quick glance information is kinda' pointless and not a good way to be productive.

Using the Tablet mode on a PC doesn't cut it for me because of all the drawbacks (will not mention them here).

If you know of a way, a skin, a program, an app etc that alow me to place live tiles on desktop
, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Something like this skin mod for windows 7, 8.1.

maxresdefault.jpg

Daky

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I tough the same way. I think that there is no possibility right now to put live tiles on the desktop. It would be great if we can put some live tiles on desktop ( like: Weather, clock, calendar, facebook...) just like desktop gadgets that we had before.

galbenush

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes...it might be a little more difficult to implement it probably considering that there are no apparent solutions up until now. Or maybe it is not a very requested feature....just think it would make allot more sense to be able to pin tiles in a location on desktop.

Chuckcell

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I may be misunderstanding but it seems to me that was one of the bragging points for Win10 (on a desktop) was that you could have "live tiles".
In the upgrade from 7 I lost the weather widgets I had and live tiles might be a/the substitute?

galbenush

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I still can;t believe that i can't find a solution for this...Is everyone that happy with live tiles tucked in the start menu ?

Chuckcell

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Last night I selected and deleted the tiles I didn't want and added the ones I wanted.
Maybe if you select and delete them all?
But I still don't know how to get the desktop widgets I had under 7 back.

Chuckcell

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Well live tiles will (maybe) do what I want. But they are only attached to the Start menu. Cannot be moved onto the Desktop. Boo!

dave_456

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Personally I would like the option of getting rid of the desktop altogether and just having the start menu as the desktop. I put all my files in my documents, not on the desktop so the desktop serves no purpose at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrianDeeert