05-11-2017 10:19 PM
55 123
tools
    For me it is Windows Defender together with Malwarebytes v3 and Voodooshield. This combination seems to work fine for me.
    05-11-2017 09:05 AM
    I use Windows Defender and Common Sense, panda makes a free tool called USB Vaccine that I use: ANTIMALWARE: Panda USB Vaccine - Download FREE - PANDA SECURITY it basically prevents USB borne malware from executing and allows you to inoculate all your USB drives so even if malicious files are written to them they will not automatically execute. its unfortunate that its no longer available a separate download to get it you need to download the free/trial version of Panda and search in the sub folders of the zip for the installer.

With Ransomware very much in the public eye these days something like CyberReason's Ransomfree https://ransomfree.cybereason.com/ would be good to add to your arsenal. it creates a honeypot of fake files which and warns you when a process attempt to encrypt any batch of files on the system.
    05-11-2017 10:16 AM
    Hi! I'm new to these forums.

What is the most unobtrusive antivirus that runs on Windows 10? My dad is insistent that Windows Defender does not do a good job keeping Windows secure. I am new to Windows (I have lots of experience with OS X and the Mac), so I'm not really used to having to run 3rd-party software like that, and I don't feel comfortable downloading a program from a website (because on my Mac I got everything from the App Store) and I worry about the security of that.

I'm sorry if I'm not being very clear with my questions. If you want me to go into more detail on anything, please ask.
    Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials + the ad-blocker uBlocker (subscribe to additional malware lists) is suffice.
    05-11-2017 10:28 AM

What is the most unobtrusive antivirus that runs on Windows 10? My dad is insistent that Windows Defender does not do a good job keeping Windows secure. I am new to Windows (I have lots of experience with OS X and the Mac), so I'm not really used to having to run 3rd-party software like that, and I don't feel comfortable downloading a program from a website (because on my Mac I got everything from the App Store) and I worry about the security of that.

I'm sorry if I'm not being very clear with my questions. If you want me to go into more detail on anything, please ask.
    I use a combination of Malwarebytes which I paid for and windows defender.
    I surf what some might consider unpleasant areas on the internet and have not had any issues with malware or viruses. I also have a strong adblocker ublock with most filters enabled.
    Malwarebytes is great because it immediately blocks pages that are infected.
    05-11-2017 03:16 PM

05-11-2017 10:19 PM
55 123