Bluetooth missing in Windows 10!

Singularity93

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
The bluetooth settings are missing on my laptop!
When I installed Win10 there was no such problem coz i used the bluetooth for some file transfer and at that time the settings were present. but for about month I cannot seem to enable the bluetooth at all..
After some googling i tried checking the device manager, there i found that the bluetooth had been disabled, so i enabled the device and i noticed the bluetooth setting had appeared back again in the notifications and settings window.. i assumed that the problem was solved.. but after a few weeks i noticed the BT settings had disappeared again, so i checked the device manager but i found that all the devices under the BT tab were all enabled but the settings were still missing and i could not use the bluetooth at all.
i tried updating the drivers of all the BT devices listed there by checking the Acer laptop manufacturer's website and the BT manufacturer's website but it was pointless as there were no new windows 10 drivers available at all..
The BT in the devmgr looks like this..

devmgr.png

Also I noticed in my network connections it showed that my ethernet cable was unplugged so i was wondering if this had anything to do with the bluetooth settings or vice versa.. i dont know if it was always like this or it just happened coz i never paid attention to these settings before.. :( I tried to diagnose the connection but nothing happened.
It looks like this..

ethernet.png

I tried to update the drivers for the Realtek ethernet from the unofficial Realtek download site but that also did not do anything..

So if anyone knows what to do plz tell me in simple steps!!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ethernet network shows unplugged unless it is physically plugged in.

You could simply uninstall all of the Bluetooth items (right-click/uninstall on each, deleting the driver) and then Right click and Scan for new hardware to see if it re-installs every again ok a second time.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
it all depends what you want to do... I mean...
They are there, but they are not enabled, so that means you should activate your Bluetooth, if that doesn't work, you should go to (easier)
Settings, Devices, Connected Devices, you should find your Bluetooth stuff there, and uninstall it. if it doesn't appear well, you have to use device manager, scan for hardware changes and see if reinstalling fix it.
You could also go to the settings app and go to Bluetooth and see if you can enable it from there.

it sounds weird it isn't working for you, I guess some manufacturers messed up with the Bluetooth part on some laptops.

also you should check Windows Update isn't updating the Bluetooth driver, you have to use the hide update cab file from Microsoft site. make sure about it. it could be Acer drivers being too old and Windows trying to give you the latest but of course not the best driver for your hardware, that happens. some laptops are sensitive to drivers.

there are many ways to try to fix this, it's only boring when restarting is required though.

Singularity93

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I tried uninstalling some of the bluetooth components and scanned for hardware changes but nothing happened... plz someone suggest another solution... :(

Singularity93

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
No i don't use a dongle. I only connect two things to my laptop when i need to: a bluetooth speaker and my phone. can u tell me how to enable the BT radio??

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No i don't use a dongle. I only connect two things to my laptop when i need to: a bluetooth speaker and my phone. can u tell me how to enable the BT radio??

Check for a hardware switch or the fn+fx (where x denotes a function key i.e f1) combination to enable bluetooth. As it looks like from the device tree everything is functional and appears to have turned off at the software level.

As the other posters have pointed out the Ethernet adapter is not related to your Bluetooth connection. As Laptops usually have the Bluetooth and WiFi combined on a single card / adapter.

Lastly, these questions might sound obvious (but I have found some usually over look the obvious)

1) have you checked the system tray?

2) have you also checked the settings app -> devices -> bluetooth?

3) have you checked if the bluetooth processes are running in the task manager? (your looking for bttray.exe or similar)

So as you can see more information you provide, the more be helpful it is for us to be able to diagnose what the problem is / find a solution. As I imagine if it's beyond anything simple, other's will also have same problem.

As I did have bluetooth issues myself on W10 and I resolved them using the Windows 7 64bit drivers (had device not starting errors / yellow exclamation marks) lol.

Singularity93

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Check for a hardware switch or the fn+fx (where x denotes a function key i.e f1) combination to enable bluetooth. As it looks like from the device tree everything is functional and appears to have turned off at the software level.

As the other posters have pointed out the Ethernet adapter is not related to your Bluetooth connection. As Laptops usually have the Bluetooth and WiFi combined on a single card / adapter.

Lastly, these questions might sound obvious (but I have found some usually over look the obvious)

1) have you checked the system tray?

2) have you also checked the settings app -> devices -> bluetooth?

3) have you checked if the bluetooth processes are running in the task manager? (your looking for bttray.exe or similar)

So as you can see more information you provide, the more be helpful it is for us to be able to diagnose what the problem is / find a solution. As I imagine if it's beyond anything simple, other's will also have same problem.

As I did have bluetooth issues myself on W10 and I resolved them using the Windows 7 64bit drivers (had device not starting errors / yellow exclamation marks) lol.

My right notifications pane show these when i click on it:
notifications.png

as u can see that one block for the bluetooth on/off is missing.

also my Settings~Devices tab show these(BT option is missing from the left):
missing.png

coz this is how its supposed to look:
x.jpg

here's another image of my device manager:
devmgr2.png

also this is what it shows when i right click the properties on any of the BT devices in the devmgr (if it helps):
properties.png

thanks for the help so far but nothing seems to be working... :(
if u need any more information/pictures i'll be happy to post them..

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My right notifications pane show these when i click on it:
View attachment 114474

as u can see that one block for the bluetooth on/off is missing.

also my Settings~Devices tab show these(BT option is missing from the left):
View attachment 114477

coz this is how its supposed to look:
View attachment 114478

here's another image of my device manager:
View attachment 114479

also this is what it shows when i right click the properties on any of the BT devices in the devmgr (if it helps):
View attachment 114480

thanks for the help so far but nothing seems to be working... :(
if u need any more information/pictures i'll be happy to post them..

Ahh this makes alot more sense now :), hmm looks like a faulty card or something wrong with the connection.

Which laptop model do you have?

I may be able to find the service manual for it, (I'm hoping you can just slide the back plate off as that would be soo much easier for you).

Also did you buy this from a retailer or from "shop off the high street"?

You have three options:

1) Use a nano usb bluetooth adapter

2) Open up the laptop and replace the card yourself

3) get it replaced under warranty, presuming you didn't buy it from a local shop.

However the 2nd would really depend what model it is and if it's a ultrabook, bulky notebook etc.

Singularity93

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
My laptop is an Acer Aspire V5-471G. I got this laptop as a gift so its impossible to get it replaced coz i have had this laptop for more than 4 yrs... :')

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My laptop is an Acer Aspire V5-471G. I got this laptop as a gift so its impossible to get it replaced coz i have had this laptop for more than 4 yrs... :')

Well, sadly haven't been able to track down a service manual for you just this horribly amateur video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcLuzGfMssc.

It looks like the module is in fact under the keyboard, so unless you want risk opening it, your best bet would be really to get a nano bluetooth usb adapter.

However if you do want to risk opening it, I would suggest watching the entire video first before following it as the person almost rips several cables.... honestly made me cringe just watching it.

nafentoulis

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Here is a quick fix, go to device manager then click the bluetooth, after when the pop up windows come up click on driver section.then disable and enable.thats it.

AmazingWorldTub

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Try these solution, hope it helps
Solution 1: How to activate Bluetooth in Windows 10 right?

Firstly, you have to enable Bluetooth on your phone Windows 10 (if you want to connect your phone to a computer) by pressing and holding the button until it enters pairing mode. You will see a blinking light or another signal depends on your device.
Now go to Settings in Windows 10. You can open the settings by going to the Start Menu or press the keyboard shortcut Windows + I. In the Settings -> Click Devices -> Bluetooth. Now turn on Bluetooth by switching to the "ON"> Select the device you want to connect and click "Pair".

Bluetooth in Windows 10 does not work solving

Then your devices will be connected, or you can do the following steps. Press Windows + A to open the Action Center, a menu of shortcuts appear> Click Connect

Click Connect in Action Center
All equipment will be displayed, then click to choose the device that you want to connect.

Choose the device you need to connect.
And that is how to connect Bluetooth devices in Windows 10. However, there are some problem occurs although you have installed Bluetooth in Windows 10.

Solution 2: General Bluetooth problem in Windows 10 , check drivers.

The first step is to check whether the Bluetooth drive is installed properly or not. To do that, go to the Device Manager in your computer by right-click on "Computer" or the search bar in the Start Menu.

Check the Device Manager
If you see a Bluetooth device has been activated, but things do not work, simply right-click on "Uninstall". Then right-click the Bluetooth device again and install. It will identify and update drivers again from your computer or from the Internet.
Source: How to deal with the issue Bluetooth does not work in Windows 10?

procol

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Exactly same symptom I experienced. Anything Bluetooth related had gone from Windows 10 settings completely. My notebook is MSI one and uses Qualcomm Chip for wireless/LAN/Bluetooth communication. I reinstalled that chip driver again. Bluetooth settings reappeared after reboot. I guess some glitch had corrupted Bluetooth driver even I didn't notice it had happened. I recommend reinstalling driver for your Bluetooth chip in case you suffer from the problem of this "Bluetooth gone from Windows 10 settings".

Last edited:

kleibow

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
SOLUTION: I have a Lenovo Yoga 710. This morning after logging into Windows 10, my bluetooth mouse stopped working. I looked in the Action Center and in the Windows 10 Settings and could no longer find "Bluetooth". I did extensive research, including watching YouTube videos and no solution worked. I believe the combination of the 3 steps below solved the problem.
1. In Services turned the BlueTooth support from manual to automatic, stopped and started the service. (Bluetooth still missing)
2. In Device Manager uninstalled the Bluetooth driver. Rebooted and then reinstalled the Bluetooth driver allowing Windows to find the driver. (Bluetooth still missing)
3. Turned on Bluetooth Speaker - detected hardware. Anwser "YES" to turn on. (BLUETOOTH NOW AVAILABLE IN ACTION ITEMS AND SETTINGS) Mouse and Speaker now works.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Using a bluetooth mouse and all of a sudden the mouse stopped working. There are no bluetooth settings, no bluetooth options in the quick launch, and no bluetooth in device manager. So all those suggestions to disable/enable or uninstall/reinstall ain't gonna help.

And this is not the first time it's happened either. Other times, a reboot solved the problem but this time that didn't help either. And besides, I don't feel like I should be o.k. with having to reboot every time my bluetooth settings disappear. They should just not disappear to begin with.

I never had this happen before Windows 10, so that's gotta have something to do with it.

zixx777

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Singularity93 - Were you able to fix the problem? I have the same issue, and the suggestions I have tried from this thread as well as the suggestions from YouTube have not helped me resolve it yet. If you've found a solution, I would really, really appreciate it if you you post it (*fingers crossed*).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos