Why won't my computer awaken after putting it to sleep in Windows 10?

norman slater

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have an HP pavilion g6 notebook laptop computer. I have recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I had occasion to put my computer to sleep! I had been working on my college courses for a few hours, when I needed to take a break. I put my system to sleep, but when I returned to complete my assignments my computer would not turn on! It went to an off black screen, and locked up! When at sleep the power indicater blinked, which indicates that it was in sleep mode. When I tried to awaken my Pavillion it locked up, and the only way to regain control was to manually force it to shut down (i.e. hooded power button down.) thinking this may be due to system clutter I cleaned both user disc & system files using the Windows disk cleaning function, found through the control panel, looked for both HP updates, and Windows updates. Later I again tried to awaken my machine after putting it to sleep, and had a repeat in the inability to awaken it! A third and the last time I tried to awaken my PC from sleep I noticed that for some reason, and somehow the indicator light was solid, the screen black, and I heard my computers fan running! Can anyone give me advice as to solve this puzzle?

eddard49

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this will help, but I've had a similar problem with a netbook. Try pushing the power button once, just as you normally do for startup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05