4 accounts, app only working on 2 of the accounts

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 accounts on my Surface 3 (running Win 10 preview 10565)
  1. My main
  2. My alt
  3. oldest son
  4. youngest son

The first 3 use Age of Empires: Castle Siege. Last night all 3 worked fine. This morning I can only get it to work on my main. On both my alt and my oldest son's account the app starts to load, then crashes within a second or two. Lately it won't even load when I click the tile.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

I installed in on my youngest son's account just now to check and it works.

The live tile on the non-working isn't even responsive. I have to go into the list of apps to uninstall.

When I reinstall, the 377 MB progress bar starts at zero, moves to 3.X MB, then jumps to finished.

It doesn't seem as if it's fully uninstalling. I went into user > account > appdata > local and deleted the Microsoft_AgeCastles (or however it's phrased) folder, but the reinstall afterwards still didn't work.

Where can I go to scrub all the app data in case it's not actually taking everything with it when I uninstall?

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hm, you can download 3rd party uninstaller software, I found Iobit Uninstaller as best solution for complete removal, even from Program data and registry. It's free to use, but be careful with installation, pick custom install option, because otherwise it tends to install Advanced Care software along with abovementioned software. After it's installed open Iobit Uninstaller and on the left side select Windows manager and then Windows apps, click uninstall. After few seconds pop up window will show up and ask you to delete leftovers, click ok and remove everything left from that app.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Random stupid question... Have you attempted restarting the machine completely, then try to uninstall the app?

Also were you trying to resume from hibernation? Surface 3 has some issues with hibernate still.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Random stupid question... Have you attempted restarting the machine completely, then try to uninstall the app?

Also were you trying to resume from hibernation? Surface 3 has some issues with hibernate still.

Not a stupid question. :) Yes, I did. And to take it a step further, I reset my Surface, doing a reinstall of the OS and it still produces the same result. Very weird. I'll try the install program mentioned above

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I just did a factory reset and it's working now. I also unenrolled from the Insider program in case that caused the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap