Avg safeguard toolbar uninstall

PrinceCorwin

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I can't seem to uninstall avg safeguard toolbar. When I try, Internet Explorer pops up telling me to uninstall the extension from chrome. I don't have that extension in Chrome. Does anyone know how to uninstall this malware?

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
well, I know what that is, I tried to uninstall it, and I think I did? I don't remember. I remember I went to Chrome and it kept being stupid. but you can go to registry and remove the entry that controls the "uninstall" thing. I mean, if you aren't getting AVG toolbar in browsers, you can just remove it manually, see what files it contains and such.

to remove the entry you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

and that's the one that controls what's in uninstall list.

I remember I just removed AVG toolbar from Chrome, and didn't uninstall it, in my partner's computer, but if you want it to disappear from there, you can use that registry and manually remove it and then remove the addons yourself as well.

you are right, AVG is stupid and their way for uninstalling some stuff is just dumb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo