Windows 10 mail stopped checking for emails

rocker1m1

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
It started since a week or so. I have to manually check for emails to arrive. I went to my gmail account settings and it is set to automatically retrieve the email when it arrives. Not sure what to do.

Thanks

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
uninstall and reinstall? yeah you would have to configure it again, but it could help, it's not working properly anyway.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You can, by using powershell. Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
then you find it on store, it might take a while until you can re-download it but it will take like 5 minutes, then it will stop saying howyou already have installed it on your computer and it will let you download it.

rocker1m1

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
You can, by using powershell. Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
then you find it on store, it might take a while until you can re-download it but it will take like 5 minutes, then it will stop saying howyou already have installed it on your computer and it will let you download it.

Thanks for the assistance. I was able to uninstall and download the mail apps again. But the situation didn't change. This problem started to happen ever since there was an update to the mail and calendar apps. I look at the Microsoft Answers Desk and it appears a lot of people are having the same issue I am having.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte