And people blamed Microsoft for overly promoting edge eerywhere, forcing people..

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
When Win 10 launched, how Firefox complained, and in general how people were blaming MS to overly promote edge and seeing the popups of not removing edge as their default browsers, but what about this...(the screenshot) I see this at least twice a day from avast antivirus, sometimes it says "try chrome, has extension support, switch to a better browser". Now is this fair!!

Screenshot (70).jpg

*forgot the "v" in every in title. :|

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Avast sucks... no matter how you see it or when you see it years ago or today, it sucks and it will always suck. even if it didn't tell you about installing chrome it will still suck.
Especially when it looks like another adware installed on a computer. the question is, why are you using Avast? or why did it become "popular"?

I like how you say they mention "extensions = better", when the only extension people really care is Adblocker and you can pretty much get adguard or adfender or host block as an alternative to the extension while Microsoft adds the support to edge. if a person doesn't care about ads that means they think that's "normal" so don't think ads can be blocked.

I think Edge is good, I like it, it doesn't make me a sandwich but chrome or Firefox won't do that either. I still have Firefox portable for small reasons like when I used WhatsApp web or some video streams that don't go fullscreen when you press the button on Edge.

So, I never saw wrong the way Windows 10 change defaults work now like Firefox complained. and I don't see wrong for Microsoft to display a "Give Edge a shot" message on windows 10 previews when you try to change it.
At least now browsers won't sneak install themselves and be "default" without a person knowing.

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Avast sucks... no matter how you see it or when you see it years ago or today, it sucks and it will always suck. even if it didn't tell you about installing chrome it will still suck.
Especially when it looks like another adware installed on a computer. the question is, why are you using Avast? or why did it become "popular"?

I like how you say they mention "extensions = better", when the only extension people really care is Adblocker and you can pretty much get adguard or adfender or host block as an alternative to the extension while Microsoft adds the support to edge. if a person doesn't care about ads that means they think that's "normal" so don't think ads can be blocked.

I think Edge is good, I like it, it doesn't make me a sandwich but chrome or Firefox won't do that either. I still have Firefox portable for small reasons like when I used WhatsApp web or some video streams that don't go fullscreen when you press the button on Edge.

So, I never saw wrong the way Windows 10 change defaults work now like Firefox complained. and I don't see wrong for Microsoft to display a "Give Edge a shot" message on windows 10 previews when you try to change it.
At least now browsers won't sneak install themselves and be "default" without a person knowing.

I agree with everything you said, and if you like Edge as a browser, go for it. As for myself, i use Windows 10 with Firefox. Right now, if Edge was half as good as Firefox, i'd change browsers. I know that Edge is a "work in progress", and i'm willing to wait until they get it right, but MSFT released it too early.:winktongue:

Protocol Rahul

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I use edge anyway, preferred using Firefox for the adblocking, but then blocked as through hosts file, now edge is fine. Apart from few bugs, performance is good. And for normal browsing it does the job, however Firefox both on my Surface pro3 and HP laptop works slow. Even if I want to can't use Firefox.
And I am using a vast well temporarily, had Norton before, expired, waiting for free alternatives now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos