AOL Computer Checkup and Windows 10, has anyone had any issues?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

AOL Computer Checkup and Windows 10

I installed W10 on my laptop and was very happy with it, speed etc. After a couple of days I ran AOL Computer Checkup process. This processed okay but the next day when I opened my PC I could not open the programs using the START icon.
I reinstalled W10 and it was OK. Spoke to AOL Support who said "Reinstall AOL Computer Check and it will recognise W10".
Did this about a week ago and yesterday I ran ACC again and guess what START did not work this morning. Spoke to AOL Support who said "ACC works with W10 it must be your laptop!"

I have again reinstalled W10 and the START button works OK.
Anybody else having this issue?

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Albert Einstein once said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."

:wink:

My take is AOL Computer Check is not compatible with W10. I have a third party system checker/cleaner that creates the same problem. Also disables Cortana. I don't use it.

Tonio78

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: AOL Computer Checkup and Windows 10

Sorry for my stupid question... What do you want to check if everything is working fine? It's common knowledge that these kind of programs often do more harm then repair...

Via Tapatalk de mon splendide Lumia 930

gpickerell

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
My PC has three separate accounts (Admin etc). When using AOL Computer Checkup, only the account logged into is affected (Win10: No "Start" function) The other two are still functional.
The AOL UK telephone support agent suggested a WIN10 Repair operation. One of the options there is to use System Restore, which I did successfully. This could have been done from one of my other two accounts of course.
It's unfortunate that AOL haven't sorted this problem out. Certainly, the agent cancelled my account immediately, so they must be aware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon