after login, black screen appears

takisrock

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I made the update today. Finally windows starts up, desktop appears but everything went very slow.
I decided to make a restart. So far "so good"<
After restart, after login screen, it has a black screen and nothing happens. If I move the mouse it will show it. The black screen remains. I try to go to safe mode, with shift + restart. Not working either.
help. What can I do??

travelplus

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is Windows is getting your system ready. I had a black screen on my laptop for about 20 seconds and after I pressed Control Alt Delete I got the Windows is Preparing your System messages along with a Don't turn off your PC along with messages about the new operating system. After 3-5 minutes it brought me into the desktop.

is the black screen appearing after a restart after you have installed the new update or does the black screen come on just after the update installed your programs and features after the final restart? From the first install of Windows I got this Black Screen and just waited and the "Getting your Settings Ready" message came up. I was just patient and since then there was no problem.

The other cause of the black screen is Windows is getting your drivers ready and other settings. On older computers it may be a tad slower . If you just let it sit it should bring you into your desktop. Other than that your files may be corrupted or the installation has been corrupted. If you can back up your files and do a clean install it should fix the problems. Be sure you have disks for your drivers etc.

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
maybe you need to wait next time? how many minutes did you wait?
I also got blackscreen and then it said it was making changes to windows and all that, I only needed to leave the computer and after 5 minutes everything was fine and logged and ready to use.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This used to happen on my desktop as well, I would check to see if Windows 10 drivers are available for your machine and update them if they are available. I would also make sure you install all the optional updates as one or more updated drivers will probably be part of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3