Annoying issue in Windows 10 after Nov upgrade

TusharG

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My windows 10 has been updated to build 1511,10586. So far its going well, I still have to check the sleep mode issues. At the moment most annoying thing for me is in "File explorer" under "This PC" "Documents" & "Pictures" are not pointing to local location! Instead they are now pointing to "One Drive"!!! How do I change that back to local one? If I try to change it via property it doesn't allow me to do!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure I can help you because I just updated to W10 myself.
But I think you have to "remove" them from "fast access" so right click on them and then "remove them from fast access.
And go to the "document" on your local drive and there do the opposite.

So UNPIN the ones you do not want and PIN the ones you want.

Not sure if I used the correct names because I have a Dutch windows version.

TusharG

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have tried it and its mess! Since its just day old issue on google & bing information is not available.

Last edited:

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
try right clicking on the onedrive icon on the taskbar, go to setttings, then autosave then make sure that the documents and pictures are set to this PC only

2015-11-16 (1).png

TusharG

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
No that doesn't help!
My current data from Document & Pictures folder is not shown here. In the above location it is showing data from OneDrive. I cannot change the location of the Documents and Pictures under "This PC"
Please find attached JPEG for screenshot.

Attachments

• OneDrive-Mess1.JPG
    OneDrive-Mess1.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 35

TusharG

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Why it is only me who has found OneDrive replacing my Pictures & Documents under "This PC" with OneDrive location annoying? Are you all fine to keep your personal Documents in OneDrive Documents folder? Do you have ample of storage in OneDrive to keep your all photos? Infact I feel Microsoft has trapped us by replacing Documents & Photos by OneDrive locations and at the same time reducing the OneDrive free storage from 15GB to 5GB

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
No that doesn't help!
My current data from Document & Pictures folder is not shown here. In the above location it is showing data from OneDrive. I cannot change the location of the Documents and Pictures under "This PC"
Please find attached JPEG for screenshot.

what if you click on locations in the properties box and move the location out of onedrive? that should separate your pictures from being put onto onedrive

pauljturner99

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem - it's driving me crazy! I rolled back the WIndows 10 update, and then reapplied it again a week later - still the same problem. It also starts duping the Documents folder in Explorer, they need to fix this as it makes the update unusable.

pauljturner99

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Dude..I fixed it!!! It's a registry setting... micirosoft kb article 221837 (I can't post links sorry)
Go to the location, and you'll likely see some of the items have /onedrive/ in the path. Edit the path to remove the onedrive location in that path

I.e. before %userprofile%\onedrive\documents
after %userprofile%\documents

Then reboot. I'm happy to do a google hangout with you if you need a hand...
I'm testing right now, but looks good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani