Windows 10 going back to Windows 8.1 after one month trial expired?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 going back to Windows 8.1 after one month trial expired

Hello,

Here is the situation. I installed Windows 10 and saw that my laptop to TV synchronization got slowed down making 3D gaming experience awful. Originally the sync was absolutely perfect. Consequently i reverted to Windows 8.1 only to realize the problem had followed me. I tried updating all drivers, changing HDMI cable etc. nothing worked so i ended up going back again on Windows 10 to see if after a while these issues would be resolved. Unfortunately the problem remained only this time i can't go back to Windows 8.1 again.

I naively thought that the warning message sent by Microsoft upon installing Windows 10 only concerned deleting back up files from the pc and that reinstalling the whole system from a USB or ISO was possible. Obviously i was wrong as my back up file on my USB is not recognized so i downloaded an official Windows 8.1 from the Microsoft website, burned it, and when i was about to launch it i realized that the product key was not written under my laptop. Apparently since 8.1 product keys are embedded in the BIOS so anyway i managed to get it back thanks to an app that searches for the key through your system and launched the install and the following message appears (sorry, it was in French but it roughly translate to this) : " a problem appeared, error in determining the installation choices of the installation program". I tried using the same Windows 8.1 and product key on another laptop running under Windows 7 and i don't encounter any problems, it works. So it seems to me that even with a proper windows 8.1 plus product key i am unable to get rid of Windows 10 now. It really bothers me, anybody knows a way to solve this? I wouldn't consider myself an expert in computers at all so if anyone has a solution, try and give me a simple and clear walk-through if you can.
Cheers!

gogodancer777

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 going back to Windows 8.1 after one month trial expired

Sorry if i wasn't clear, what i meant to say is i connected my Asus Republic of Gamers G751J to a flat screen TV in order to have a nice gaming experience on a large screen. Before i updated to Windows 10 ( i was on 8.1) the synchronization between the laptop and the TV was perfect meaning that what i saw on my TV was exactly the same as what appeared on my laptop with no lagging. However after upgrading to Windows 10 i noticed immediately that the display on the TV screen was lagging behind, the lag is barely half a second which doesn't create a noticeable problem while browsing or watching TV online, however it is really obvious and uncomfortable while playing a game as the display on the TV is constantly chopped and lagging behind the display on my laptop. I can't imagine that it would be a problem with my hardware as everything was perfect before my update to Windows 10 and its only after updating that the problem occurred. All my drivers are up to date and as i said in my original post i'm suspecting the Windows 10 system to be slower that's why i would prefer going back to 8 after all and do a clean install.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 going back to Windows 8.1 after one month trial expired

Are you using an hdmi cable and mirroring the display? Maybe you should just show on second screen instead of duplicating the display to show on the laptop and the tv

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire