Post November build/update issues with Wifi

SiF Malik

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Since installing the november update for Windows 10, my WiFi service keeps turning itself off and I need to keep launching the troubleshooting tool n fix it.

Sometimes the troubleshooter shows that 'WiFi service was not running' or 'some wireless protocols are missing from your pc'. This happens while I'm actively using the pc as well as when its left idle to sleep.

Other times I need to run the troubleshooter 2 or 3 times just to get the WiFi connected back which is very frustrating.

Before the update I'd been running Windows 10 for past 6-7 months without any issues but this is a total nightmare.

Please help asap

Aasif

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Since installing the november update for Windows 10, my WiFi service keeps turning itself off and I need to keep launching the troubleshooting tool n fix it.

Sometimes the troubleshooter shows that 'WiFi service was not running' or 'some wireless protocols are missing from your pc'. This happens while I'm actively using the pc as well as when its left idle to sleep.

Other times I need to run the troubleshooter 2 or 3 times just to get the WiFi connected back which is very frustrating.

Before the update I'd been running Windows 10 for past 6-7 months without any issues but this is a total nightmare.

Please help asap

Aasif

Make sure the drivers for your wireless adapter are up-to-date and if so, go to the manufactures site for your specific device and see if there are newer ones available for W10, if both those fails try downloading/installing Windows 8.1 drivers and see if they work.

I've been through the same scenario with multiple devices and confused why MS continues to SCREW this up, a little more tolerable/understandable going from a previous OS to another but when you already have the "OFFICIAL OS" installed along with "WORKING" drivers it just doesn't make sense, "lets issue updates that break it AGAIN", gets to be a downright PITA. The funny thing (not really), is that I tried the beta or preview release of W10 on a couple of these PCs W/O issue, come the official release and at least twice both these have had their drivers for the wireless adapter altered, the last occurrence worked albeit sporadically as you mentioned, I reverted to W8.1 drivers in these last instances... Out of all my devices I'd say 70% have had this one particular trait bestowed on them multiple times.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
did you check the option "PC can turn off device to save energy" for your WiFi adapter in the device manager? make sure it is off!

SiF Malik

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes and then MS wonders why isn't win10 doing as well as it should. I'm gonna try updating the drivers and if that doesn't work, reverting them. Let's see how that goes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99