Apps, desktops and videos

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Earlier I had some stuff to do on my SP3 which involved watching a video and making some notes.

I opened the video (mp4) with the VLC app and also a webpage in Firefox, then I created a new desktop to run OneNote full screen. I paused the playing video to switch to OneNote on the other desktop to make some notes, but switching back to the video again and it had had frozen...try again by opening VLC and the same thing happens.

"Oh a VLC problem" I though, so tried opening the video with the Films and TV app, but it's the same. So I try it with the W32 Windows Media Player and everything works fine, I can switch desktops and continue playing.

Anyone seen this? Is this an issue as the app tries to suspend when switching desktops? It's annoying! :eck:

TL;DR. Video apps freeze when changing desktops

Last edited:

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
No issues here. Tested with Surface Pro 4, Edge, VLC app and OneNote app. VLC pauses playback when I change desktops, and auto resumes once the desktop is restored --- no crash or errors. Build 10586.36

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
You could try re-installing the apps. Or maybe try a another video, or a different format. My video was MP4 btw.

I decided to try it again..and it works! Even if the video is playing when I switch desktops, it stops (as expected) and starts playing again when I switch back to it.

No idea why it didn't work before!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap