New 2nd hand sp3 lost windows 10 upgrade step

Beatifictatter

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi, first post. Just bought a used sp3. Factory reset. When I was doing initial setup it said that I had option to update to Windows 10 and I would be notified when it was downloaded and ready to install. In the meantime I updated the current windows 8.10. Which took forever, 165 updates.. The windows 8 update has finished and now it seems like nothing is happening regarding in the background with the windows 10 download/update and I can't see the update option anywhere to start it manually :/ any ideas? Thanks

Beatifictatter

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Is it available in the store? When you "check for updates" it shows "Up to date"?

Finally found it. Had to manually confirm some further windows 8 updates. Then it upgrade to Windows 10 appeared at the bottom of available updates (still no upgrade app though) as a greyed out option which linked to the option within windows. Downloading/installing now. My main music computer is windows 7 so I knew the surface pro wasn't going to be as user friendly as Ipad etc. But windows 8 sucks so far! Everything is scattered all over the place and the upgrade procedure has been a nightmare. It would have been well over a lot of casual computer user's heads and know how. Hopefully windows 10 is better or it just all sinks in pretty quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720