Edge browser is messed up in build 11082!!!

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I've been using the latest build since it came out and since then Microsoft Edge Browser has been really messed up. It's even causing problems as I type this.

If I mistype a word on some webpages, such as Facebook, I can not right click on them to fix the spelling.
And worse yet, once I do attempt and fail to do that, if I am on Facebook I can not post the comment.
When I hit enter the text box just goes to the next line rather than posting the comment.
I have to refresh the page and start all over.

Also when that has happened you can NOT close that tab in Edge or even close the Edge browser at all unless you go to task manager and force it to close.

An odd issue indeed.

I was thinking of doing a refresh here on my main PC thinking maybe it is just a glitch with the upgrade but I went to my Surface Pro which is used sparingly and tried the same thing with it and sure enough I get the same exact problems with the Edge browser.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It's so messed up that I could not edit that comment above to add the fact that my Surface Pro also has Build 11082.
Edge has been buggy with form fill boxes for a while but right now it is really bad. And if you move the curser with your mouse to try to fix a word, such as in this form fill right now, it often screws up and you need to refresh the page and try again.

I would love them to get the issues fixed since I love using the EDIT mode of Edge where you can highlight articles and share them.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So I did a restore to previous build on both the Surface and the PC.
A side effect of that was my PC lost function of the MAIL and CALENDER app.
So I had to then reinstall windows to fix that.
I think Edge is back to the way it was before the 11082 build.

John Crist

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I've been on 11082 and Edge is working fine for me, short of the occasional lag spike and it not picking up correct focus from time to time. But I'm not experiencing what you're experiencing.

As for Mail and Calendar, you can just reinstall those apps from the store (or bundle, as I should call it). No need to reinstall the whole OS.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
As for Mail and Calendar, you can just reinstall those apps from the store (or bundle, as I should call it). No need to reinstall the whole OS.

I couldn't find a way to uninstall mail and calender. It showed that it was installed but when I clicked on the tile and it would just flash open and closed instantly.
This only happened on the PC. My Surface reverted to 10586 just fine.

Edge browser did indeed do the same odd things on both devices.
Many webpages were ok but facebook for example was screwed up.
I got the same bugs with devices.

If you use facebook, start typing a comment in a post then try to right click to spell correct a misspelled word or highlight text to copy. That is when it messed up bad for me.
Once it messes up, try to close the browser tab with facebook open.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta