Why isn't there a authentication app for windows mobile like the one on android?

ashdown43

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded the Microsoft authentication app that have the approve or deny button for two-step verification on android. However on windows mobile I only find the app that sends you the code. This is sad because the android app makes it so much faster than looking up code and typing it. I might be missing something in the store or is this the case of creating better apps for android and ios?

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Didn't exactly get your point? I don't own an android device so don't know how it is there. But I have the MS authenticator app on my WIndows 10 Mobile with 3 accounts added for codes. Is it better on android?

UPDATE: I checked it, looks better than what we have :\ Like always

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Umm..

In the MS Authenticator on Windows Phone, just long press the code and you can copy the code to the clipboard and then paste it where you need to. This works fine for me. I never need to memorise and retype the code.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Whether you memorize it or copy and paste, it's still inferior to the Android one, which sends a push notification to your phone, and lets you accept or reject from the notification without having to switch apps.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Whether you memorize it or copy and paste, it's still inferior to the Android one, which sends a push notification to your phone, and lets you accept or reject from the notification without having to switch apps.

I use this app all the time. Android's version is indeed great. I can even hit the Approve button on my smartwatch!

ashdown43

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Umm..

In the MS Authenticator on Windows Phone, just long press the code and you can copy the code to the clipboard and then paste it where you need to. This works fine for me. I never need to memorise and retype the code.

Its about usability, its two-step verification so I might be on another device or the web most of the time. Plus windows now supports action on notification so it shouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte