Can I backup to onedrive without creating another local copy?

Richard on whidbey

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm using windows 10. I have backed up my photos to onedrive. The photos now show up, in file explorer, both on my C drive and in the onedrive folder. Does this mean I now have 3 copies of the photos - the original, the one in the cloud and a synched copy?I have run WinDirStat and it does look like I have two copies of my photos locally. Can I use onedrive to just store a backup without creating an additional local copy?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm using windows 10. I have backed up my photos to onedrive. The photos now show up, in file explorer, both on my C drive and in the onedrive folder. Does this mean I now have 3 copies of the photos - the original, the one in the cloud and a synched copy?I have run WinDirStat and it does look like I have two copies of my photos locally. Can I use onedrive to just store a backup without creating an additional local copy?

This is what I do. I create a new folder in one drive, sync it with the pc, add my photos, wait for them to finish uploading, then in onedrive site, I move these photos to the appropriate folder and then in the onedrive app for pc, I don't sync that folder. So locally nothing remains but my photos go into the cloud

In a more simple way, create folder, add photos, upload, unsync that folder with pc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit