Very Important data lost while installing windows 10 using diskpart clean partition, how can I get it back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Very Important data lost while installing windows 10 using diskpart clean partition

Hi,
While re-installing Windows 10 on my Samsung ativ book 9 (15" core i7), I had two partitions (256 gb ssd) half capacity each one, one holds the os, and the other my data.

when selecting the partition where to install windows 10, it tolds me that I cannot so i googled it, i figured out that i have to clean the partition and then convert it to gpt using diskpart.

so i did but instead of cleaning the system partition it deleted all the disk data in a second.

I have now one unallocated partition (256 gb), i created 3 partition afterwars, 500mb efi, primary for os, and third for my data. windows 10 installated successfully, but my data all gone.

I tried every single data recovery app, but all of them just recover some ****ty folders that doesn't have any value like desktop.ini. (by the way, i tried in the days after this data earthquake not to have new data to avoid overwriting the old precious data)

any help to undo clean command or anything would be amazingly appreciated.
Thanks.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Very Important data lost while installing windows 10 using diskpart clean partition

Unfortunately its your fault since you did not understand diskpart completely before using it. When using diskpart you might have selected the entire disk for the format rather than just the partition. There is no way your data can now be recovered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos