W10 update fix for me, Maybe you too...

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello people, So for a month or two now I haven't been able to use Windows Defender. Nothing would let it run. It just kept turning off. No virus or anything on my end. Thought maybe there was a bad update. Well for the past 2 or 3 days my PC has been stuck at 0% updating. Frustrated I am/was. I checked the update history and well I see every update has failed since early Dec. Anyways I found a thread on MS site labeled "How do I reset Windows Update components?" I personally followed this step by step and now Everything has updated and VOILA! my Windows Defender is back in action!. So not sure if other people are having this issue or not. But you could try this if you are experiencing updating issues. causing other chaotic things.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Also I am on W10 Pro, This article states 8.1, 8, and 7. But I tried it and it worked.

FYI I used the Manually reset Windows Update components portion.

Just trying to be helpful to someone. Thanks All!

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea I suppose it is similar. The way I went did that and more. Which I don't know if was necessary but it all works now. Thank you!

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

Just an input. I had this problem, Windows Update was stuck at xx % downloading. But, today I for the first time connected the type cover and voila, it all started to work :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes