Windows 10, why can't I open an office document right away?

Anneliese Ozorio

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10

I cannot open an office document straight away like I could do in Windows 7. Is there any setting I am not aware of that need to be changed. Previously I would just double click and the document would open. Now I have to search for it when I try to open in the first instance.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10

I'm sorry but I'm not quite clear on the issue :/ are we talking about a simple word document? how about click once with left mouse and hit enter? I'm assuming you're currently using w10, but w10 doesn't change the behavior of your mouse actions..

You can always head over to control panel and search for "mouse", should give you all the relevant options

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but I'm not quite clear on the issue :/ are we talking about a simple word document? how about click once with left mouse and hit enter? I'm assuming you're currently using w10, but w10 doesn't change the behavior of your mouse actions..

You can always head over to control panel and search for "mouse", should give you all the relevant options

From my guess is for whatever reason when he upgraded it just forgot the default program to use with the file type. If it's popping up to select a app/program select Word (or your document program you use) and make sure the option is ticked (use this as the default option for this file type). If it's making you search for the program, I would say the easiest way would be to then just open up the settings app and change the default option per program or file extension so that way it will auto open with the one you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro