Windows 10 freezes/crashes on Windows Update

Codewyn

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I am having an issue with updating Windows 10 (Pro). Every time I run Windows Update it appears to successfully download and pre-install the update (I believe it's the main upgrade from November?), but when I restart it gets to roughly 20% each time (roughly 86% files copied) in the pre-login install process and then freezes. I have had this happen a few times. I even reset my PC to a fresh install of Windows 10, as well as ensured that all non-essential peripherals are unplugged, but it has crashed a few times.

Anyone know what the issue is and if there is a fix for this?

Please let me know if you need any additional details to better assess the issue. Thanks.

Codewyn

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, AnakoAlbert.

So I ran a Troubleshooting action on Windows Update from the Control Panel and it seemed to resolve the issue I was having, sort of. It basically just removed the update from the Windows Update available updates list, which either means I already previously had it updated, or maybe they rolled it back altogether or for my machine and I was seeing an old list (if that's possible). In any case, it now shows there there are no available updates for Windows 10 in Windows Update. I'll take that as a victory.

To be sure it is resolved, is there a way to check your update history to see which updates have been successfully installed? Or a Windows build version or something that reflects how current you are? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessieundy