After I Downloaded Windows 10 my built in camera only takes pictures of desktop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After I downloaded windows 10 my built in camera on my computer is like facing the desktop so I can take pictures of whatever I am doing and I wont take a picture of me. I dont see anyway to turn it around. Can someone help please?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We need some more details, please.

When you open the camera, do you see yourself or the view in front of the screen? Is it built in or an add on camera?

What are you doing to take a picture? Specific button presses on the keyboard or the capture button in the Camera App?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

tynast

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
When I open the camera I see the front of the screen and it is a built in camera. My computer is a HP ProBook 6550b. And I havent actually taken a picture yet cuz I dont need a picture of my computer screen lol but I would use the capture button in the app.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That is super odd... I never heard of a webcam being used for screenshots.

I would suggest in the search box on task bar, type in "Device Manager" > open device manager (control panel) from the results > find Imaging devices on the list and expand that category. Uninstall all devices marked "webcam."

Reboot. See if it installs new devices. If not, open device manager again > click Action, then scan for new hardware > scroll to Imaging devices and expand. Then search for drivers for the newly found devices if they still don't install.

I have searched around and it is hard for me to find out on HO what actual webcam device they built into that notebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap