Why can't I start native apps in Windows 10 while I'm in Admin group?

Iksie

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a strange issue in Windows 10 Pro (Dutch). With my account (in Administrator group) I cannot start apps like 'Control panel', 'Paint', etc from the startmenu. When I click just nothing happens: no window, no message, nothing. Only via desktop As Administrator works. Also apps like Bitdefender Security doesn't start automatically. I tried to create a new account, but same issues. But, when I startup with the build-in Admin account (I enabled it temporarely) and switch to my own account (with Admin account open) everything works well!
I expect that the issue is related to access controls or something.
My system: Intel Core i7-6700K; Asus Maximus VIII Ranger motherboard, Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB DDR4-2666 CL16 kit, Geforce 980Ti, Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (NVMe m.2 SSD). Windows is installed from scratch, no update, on the 950 Pro SSD.
Maybe someone can help?

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Can you create a new admin account and do it from there? if yes just delete the old account and user directory and create a new admin.

Iksie

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes I did create a second account, and assign it to the Administrators group as well. After reboot I logged in with that account and same issues occured. However I didn't delete my original account. Maybe I can try this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos