Store apps are disappearing frequently

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have had to remove and add my user account five times in the past because of some random failure of Windows Store or other apps like Photos and Mail. By failure I mean those apps don't launch at all - not from the start menu, or desktop shortcut or app list.
Now that time has come again because the mail app won't launch.

I have tried all possible solutions I could find online. I've tried wsreset, powershell commands, nothing has worked for me. On the system where it's happened now, my system has 4 online accounts and one local account which is the only admin account. There are not many third party apps installed except for some like ESET antivirus, WinRAR and PowerISO.

I am so sick of this! Does MS know about this problem and are they ever going to fix it? Can't believe people are actually paying for such a buggy - nay - ****ty software. This is ******* horrible. I've voted on feedbacks with the same issue. Please please vote for my feedback: Windows-Feedback:?contextid=136&feedbackid=e1be1ee3-9d9b-4f6f-a682-f53ddc78ba94&form=1&src=2

Also I'd appreciate if somebody can tell me a fix other than having to re-add my user account.

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Nobody is actually paying for Windows 10 at the minute unless you buy a new device. I'm running the latest release of Windows 10 Home on my HP Stream 7 & the latest Insider Preview build of Windows 10 Pro on my old Toshiba Laptop & I find it pretty damn stable. I've never seen this bug on ether of my Windows 10 devices & judging be the amount of replies I would guess that your alone with this bug.

Maybe it's something specific to your system or your user accounts?

Roland

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I've never seen this bug on ether of my Windows 10 devices & judging be the amount of replies I would guess that your alone with this bug.

Maybe it's something specific to your system or your user accounts?

Roland

It is a bug nevertheless, and that is totally unacceptable for a paid software that so many people depend on. At least they should tell us a fix is on the way, or give us a way to reinstall such apps, or an app troubleshooter that actually works (yes, that app troubleshooter in control panel is ******* useless).
I'm pretty sure I'm not alone; people just don't know a fix yet (other than the ones I mentioned) because MS has been so damn quiet about this. They don't seem to care about their customers lately.

I have 2 desktops amd 2 laptops and I've faced this problem on ALL of them. The only common element in them is ESET anti virus, so I'll have to remove it on one of my systems to see if the problem goes away. Ugh..

This store app installation system is a pathetic joke, tbh. Great going MS...

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
It is a bug nevertheless, and that is totally unacceptable for a paid software that so many people depend on. At least they should tell us a fix is on the way, or give us a way to reinstall such apps, or an app troubleshooter that actually works (yes, that app troubleshooter in control panel is ******* useless).
I'm pretty sure I'm not alone; people just don't know a fix yet (other than the ones I mentioned) because MS has been so damn quiet about this. They don't seem to care about their customers lately.

I have 2 desktops amd 2 laptops and I've faced this problem on ALL of them. The only common element in them is ESET anti virus, so I'll have to remove it on one of my systems to see if the problem goes away. Ugh..

This store app installation system is a pathetic joke, tbh. Great going MS...

That could be related to the problem. I don't use any 3rd Party AV Software & just use Windows Defender. If it's your AV Software that's causing the problem then Microsoft might not be aware or able to fix the problem, hence the reason why they've not done anything about it.

Roland

Michael Rivers

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had this problem in the past, but since the latest update to Windows 10, Mail and Calendar won't launch. No 3rd party AV, so that theory is completely false.

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had this problem in the past, but since the latest update to Windows 10, Mail and Calendar won't launch. No 3rd party AV, so that theory is completely false.
Lol. Good to know I'm not alone.
You'll just have to wait for the next wave of updates to those apps, or remove and add your user account.

I love Windows 10! /s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3