Only Ethernet Internet works, wifi option not available

Josh Hearn

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
So for about 2-3 months I've been running hardwired Ethernet internet instead of wifi. I keep my Dell plugged into my tv. The other day I tried to move it and use wifi in another room but I have no option. When I first started with Windows 10 on release day I was using wifi with no problems and when going the Ethernet route it was always plug n play when you going to wifi vs wired.

1. Even after unplugging the Ethernet cord the symbol doesn't change to a wireless symbol the Ethernet symbol just has a little red box.
2. Tried turning airplane mode on and off as well as full pc reboot
3. Right clicking internet from the bottom right of the screen image and clicking open network and sharing doesn't give any wireless options
4. I've tried troubleshooting also with Ethernet unplugged and no success.

So just to repeat Ethernet works perfectly. Wifi used to work. My roommate who also is running the same version of Dell wifi works perfectly. Same account and everything.

The only thing I can think of is the pc updated one day as I have automatic updates and it wiped the driver maybe. So if anyone has any ideas on what to do.

Thanks

Josh Hearn

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Under Network Adapters in Device Manager it has Realtek and about 8 different WAN miniports all are enabled.

When I click on the icon at the bottom of right of screen in the taskbar and click settings. Where I would turn wifi on or off or Airplane mode on or off. Under Wireless it says We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC.

I tried going to Dells website and redownloading the wifi and Bluetooth drivers but installations on them failed. So I have no idea what to do. Its like everything related to wireless was completely removed

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I've bought new dell today.
But it connect with Wi-Fi when I'm near router. When I go to another room, Wi-Fi disconnect and shows ' Not Available' .
What is this!!?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit